Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Guns Plus Alcohol = Huge Trouble

It's August, we're in the middle of a heat wave, I'm already grumpy, and now I hear news that really makes my blood boil. Tennessee has legalized carrying concealed weapons in bars and restaurants that serve liquor. How dumb is that?

Have the powers-that-be in Tennessee lost all common sense? I know, I know - I'm a person who wouldn't have a gun in the house if someone paid me to, but I also know I'm in the minority and people have a right to own weapons. Gun control is something gun owners and I will never agree on, and in this area I'm surrounded by deer hunters. So be it.

Just this morning, though, I saw a picture of a man carrying an assault weapon at a rally for health care reform attended by President Obama. It was actually legal for anyone to be there with any kind of gun! Unbelievable. The security people must be going nuts.

At least that man was sober, or appeared to be. Now put a man (or woman of course) in a bar with a pistol in his belt and a few belts in his belly . . . Does that make sense to anyone except lawmakers in Tennessee? What if that person has an anger problem - ever see a mean drunk? Of course you have. We all have. The next sound you hear will be likened to the shootout at the OK Corral.

No comments:

Post a Comment