Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Now

Tomorrow I hope to review a wonderful new biography of John Quincy Adams that I've recently finished.  For today I'd just like to wish all of my readers a happy Christmas.  

We have a little bit of snow.  Not enough to make driving hazardous, just enough to be pretty.  It's cold, but then it's December in northeast PA.  Santa's reindeer left footprints all over our yard last night but I guess he decided we hadn't been good because he didn't leave any gifts.  Oh, except for the cookies I found in our grill on the patio.  Seriously!  A neighbor who is always very thoughtful, brought a huge container of cookies while we were gone yesterday and so the animals who wander around here wouldn't be tempted, she left them in the grill.  Thankfully, she called later to tell me about it.  I don't think it would ever have occurred to me to look in our grill for goodies.  :D

It's a lovely quiet day and that's exactly what we need.  I hope you are all having just the kind of day you like as well.  Until tomorrow . . .

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Barbara, what a lovely neighbour you have! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Barbara, Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends, or perhaps some extra quiet time with a good book that you really enjoyed.

      Delete