Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Still Here, Sort of

This week has been one medical appointment after another. We usually group them purposely to just get them over with in one fell swoop - or one swell foop as Dad used to say. The beginning of the week it was Dave so he's all set for a while.

Yesterday I had two painful cysts removed from my scalp, for which the beautician who cuts my hair will be eternally grateful. I don't know whether I have a headache simply because of that or due to the antibiotic I'm on. Have to premedicate because of my artificial knee. The doc also took a biopsy of a painful lesion on the back of my right hand, so that hurts too. It was like taking a plug out of a watermelon. Very funny if you think about it.

Anyway, today I can't really shower, can't wash my hair until tomorrow when the stitches come out. Yuck! Be glad you're just hearing from me via my blog.

I did get some reading done in doctors' waiting rooms, but no review yet. I'm reading the first Perri O'Shaughnessy, Motion to Suppress, and I'm loving it. The characters and the story are keeping me very interested and it's set in Lake Tahoe so the descriptions of the area are wonderful. My friend gave me several books by these sisters since I hadn't read them before.

Our new exercise bike is getting a workout most days but not today. We had snow last night and I believe it's still snowing a bit but it may just be blowing off the roof. It's beautiful, especially since we know it won't last long because it's warming up.

Off to rest my poor aching head.

6 comments:

  1. We do the same thing with our doctor/dental appointments. They all come at once and then we're exhausted. Sorry you've had the extra helping this time that causes the pain. I wish I were there to do something to perk you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling good as new soon Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sorry you've had so much medically related stuff going on. Getting old sucks, although as everyone always tells us, it's better than not being alive at all to get old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I was wrong about the stitches; they come out next Fri. But now that my bandages have been changed, I can wash my hair - whoopee! That will make me feel human again and cheer me up immensely. Except for next Fri.'s appt. to remove sutures, we're done with appts. for a long time now. Getting old isn't for sissies, that's for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete